We know 50% of mental health problems develop before the age of 14 and if unresolved, these have a significant negative impact on a persons’ adult life, affecting their employment, relationships and quality of life. Find out more at www.neurochampions.com
NEURO CHAMPIONS YOUNG LEADERS
A 10-week programme for 11-19 year olds
• We support and train Young People to become Young Leaders in Mental Health.
• We encourage exploration and understanding of mental health, focusing on the brain, body, thoughts and behaviour
• We develop young peoples’ digital, creative and media skills.
• Young people are supported to create messages (based on the topics they have learnt throughout the sessions) using digital tools.
NEURO CHAMPIONS PARENT, CARERS AND GUARDIANS
An 8-week programme, guiding parents, carers and guardians through understanding the developing adolescent brain
•We explore how brain development can affect young people’s thoughts, emotions and behaviours and focus on how the environment can impact developing (and mature) brains.
• We guide parents, carers and guardians through the developing adolescent brain.
• We explore how brain development can affect young people’s thoughts, emotions and behaviours and focus on how the environment can impact on developing (and mature) brains.
• We examine the role of social media and digital culture in mental health and wellbeing.
We are collaborating with Chanua on their Neuro Champions programme with involvement from clinicians, young people and parents at Alder Hey. We look forward to seeing what these workshops and design sessions achieve. Chanua have a genuine passion that shines through everything the team does, and it is a pleasure to see and be a part of. It is exciting to be working with a team on the cusp of a new generation of mental health and psychological practices.Sophie Johnson